Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Got the last *basic* figures!

Earlier today I took the advice of a friend and went to two different Target stores in the Gilroy / Morgan Hill area. Upon reaching the MH Target, they had yet to put figures out. The sales lady told me in 15 minutes, 10:30am, they would restock the toys. Stupid me, I went to the store's Customer Service and asked them about a couple exclusive figures that they didn't have in the store. The nice lady checked the store stock in her computer, called other stores to confirm if they had te exclusvie figures and by the time she was done it was 10:40am. I'm not kidding when I say that I missed the last figures while I was at the Customer Service desk, because when I walked back to the toys I noticed a few new figures that were not there when I first arrived. These figures that I realized that they had just put out I later realized that are packaged in the same box that the new figures come in. How do I know this?

I quickly drove to the Gilroy Target and waited for them to put out their new stock of toys, and shortly after 11am a sales guy opened two boxes of new figures for me! I noted that some of the figures that appeared at the MH Target when I lost track of time by talking at Customer Service were in these boxes. This confirmed then that during the time I was at Customer Service, the employees at the MH Target restocked and guests quickly bought the new toys! Just water under the bridge, I quickly bought a complete set for a Santa Cruz collecter friend, Less, and was lucky to get doubles of the newer figures that another collector couple (Kris/Jose) had wanted, thus taking care of my friends needs.

http://www.frankgemignani.com/images/last5figures.jpg

What I haven't mentioned is that a collector local to the area had found an extra set of the last 5 figures and e-mailed me to see if I needed them. Later that evening I met my collector friend, Mike, at the Gilroy Wal-Mart and purchased the set from him! Now I have the last figures for my collection! Now all I need to do is fill in the holes, as I passed on apx. 10 common figures over the last 3-4 months of collecting. Should be no problem getting these figures - right?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?