Monday, December 19, 2005

 

SW Episode III figure collection complete!

Yesterday a local collector friend, Less, brought over the 14th figure in the EP3 collection. One of two I've been looking for, and the one I'd been passing on in an attempt to find it in mint condition. The local Target had once had many of this figure, then suddenly they were all gone. Thanks for grabbing it for me!

Last night I then turned to eBay and won an auction for the 4th figure, the Super Battle Droid. I had passed on this figure before deciding to collect them all, then found myself in a spot where I couldn't find it. I thought about waiting a little longer and trying to find it in the store before turning to eBay. On-line I read that this early wave of figures, which this one is a part of, was showing up in stores again. And, one web site was actually selling the entire case of which it was a part of. This morning I arrived at an out of town Target at opening and was surprised when I found 4! I grabbed them all, and some extra figures along with them.
Below are links to the two final figures.

http://www.frankgemignani.com/images/04sbd.jpg
http://www.frankgemignani.com/images/14palpatine.jpg

On a side note I visited one out of town Toys R Us and found some interesting figures that others have hidden under the displays kickplates. I found Neo from the Matrix action figure line, and the large spider from Harry Potter action figure line. Both were only .o1ยข each! In addition I found Boba Fett, Luke and Secura figures each a couple years old also under the kickplates, and they were $2.49 each!
http://www.frankgemignani.com/images/oldfigures.jpg



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?