Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

The last 24 hours - Dissapointment, discovery, surprise, and fighting!

Ok, so it was 24 hours that spanned over 2 days, but who's really counting, or for that matter, reading these Blog entries anyway?

Yesterday evening I found the 1st-release of the Titanium 3.75" figures at the out of town 24-hr Wal*Mart. One Darth Vader and the other Boba Fett. Both are metal figures with removable accessories! I think these titanium figures look much nicer than the standard plastic figures that have been made over the last 28 years. I was first to arrive on the scene, actually getting there some 45 minutes before the staff brought the pallets with toys out. I spent the extra time eating dinner and shopping for household items. Now pay attention people, a 1st-release of something should bring the $$$ to mind and the sound of ching to your ears. I will probably just sit on these 2 figures and then see how much they become worth 20 years down the road.

This morning I found a few Vader 500th special edition figures on clearance at another out of town W*lly, but not before seeing an out of control hardcore Star Wars collector being kicked out of a Toys R Us store for pushing, shoving, and trying to pick a fight with a Hot Wheels collector! Don't know if I need to say anything more than - c'mon guys, this is supposed to be a fun hobby! Each of the Vader 500th figures are a bit beat up, so I plan to open one to display and I'm sure whoever gets one from me will open theirs as well, so the condition of the package isn't important. I paid only $3 for each. The regular price is $16. Sorry to dissapoint, I don't have any pictures of the fight between the Star Wars and Hot Wheels collectors.

This afternoon my buddy Les came through and found me 2 deluxe figures that are missing from my collection. Both figures are in pretty good shape and I'm happy to add them to my collection.





What will this evening bring??
Does god eat turkey??



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?